Thursday, May 26, 2016

Toys! Coil Master 521 Tab, DIY Kit, GeekVape Griffin 25 and Wismec Theorem Atomizer!

Interesting time for us. Our choice of a much less harmful alternative to smoking may soon be squashed by our all about common FDA. Even the UK's version of the FDA said it is 95% safer than tobacco. Sad puppy and 'nuff said by me. I don't like to get political, but I just want to start out with their decision is bullshit...

Now on to other things. Let's start with the Coil Master 521 Tab and the DIY Kit. I have nothing bad to say. As usual, I won't go into full reviews. You can get those all over the web. These are just my impressions.

I have no issue with either of these. I like them both and think they are worth the money. Both were everything I expected. Do you NEED to get these? No. Is it super cool? Yes! One thing to mention is, when I was looking at reviews for the 521 before I purchased this, one of the complaints was the feet were part of the molded plastic on the bottom of the unit and it slid all over the place. The one I received had rubber feet. This shows that Coil Master payed attention to the earlier, critical reviews to their product. I also have V2 of the DIY Kit, so all is good there. This one is simple to talk about. They are everything I expected...

Next up was the GeekVape Griffin 25. I watched a LOT of reviews trying to pick out a few new RTA/RBTA's. I decided on this and oh boy, I'm still trying to get it working well. I know that the wicking can be challenging and I haven't had much issue with coils and wicks before, but I just can't get this balanced out. It either leaks or dry hits. My very, very first build worked fine, but stupid me wanted to wick it again, just to play around. I've wicked this thing 10 times and can't get it right. I've tried every technique I've found (and there's quite a few), but just can't get it. Would I recommend this? If you understand that it's a great RTA IF you wick it right, but if not, well, keep trying. The very first wick I put in this was fantastic and it was definitely a keeper, but after that, nope. If I think of it, I'll update the blog, if I every figure it out.

The Wismec Theorem. To be quite honest, I got this because it looked cool and it was a Genesis styled tank, despite the mixed reviews. So after getting it, I will quote Todd that it's "shit, just shit". The things that bother me the most is having to have fingernails to get the top off to fill and NONE of my DIY bottles with needle tips are long enough to reach the fill hole. Everything else, I can live with and don't really have too much issue with. I guess, long story short, this atomizer is a pain in the ass. Looks cool as heck though! I don't recommend this unless you like to fiddle and don't mind the shortcomings.

I also got some Notch coils and pre-made Claptons. The Notch coils are okay. I honestly don't notice that they are awesome enough or at all to justify paying extra for them. I will probably just keep using Clapton's or regular wire builds.

Another order will be coming at some point. A bunch of kantal and SS wire. The fun stuff will be a Wotofo Serpent RTA, which looks to have MUCH more forgiving wicking and a GeekVape Avocado 24 RDTA which I'm really looking forward to. I'll probably put something up after I play with those for a while.






No comments:

Post a Comment