Sunday, May 29, 2016

Griffin Conquered!

Finally! No leaks and wicking fine with single coil! After over a dozen attempts and numerous YouTube videos and forum threads, I got it! So, what I ended up having to do is fool myself. I fluffed up the ends of the wick and just eased it over the holes. I didn't try to actively get any in the juice holes and some just went in there naturally without choking. When I tried not getting it into the holes, it leaked. When I tried to get some in the holes, it choked. So, I just put them over the holes without thinking about it and left them fluffy and what went in, went in. Works perfectly!

I'll say, getting this was the toughest wick I've come across. I didn't even have this much issue when I was rolling stainless steel mesh wicks for the old genesis mods. And they took a torch! I still can't believe my very first attempt worked and it took this long to reproduce. Now that I paid attention, hopefully I will be able to repeat this at will...

Now I can't wait until I get the Avocado 24 and the Serpent! Woohoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment